You may not be reading the latest Release Notes. For the most recent information, go to the FrontLine documentation site at Compuware GO/FrontLine , Compuware's customer support website. The first time you access FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. After logging onto FrontLine, select your product from the drop-down list. On the product page, click the Documentation link below the product name. The latest Release Notes document is listed with the other product documentation.
Note: Abend-AID and Abend-AID for CICS Release 17.02 requires Enterprise Common Components Release 16.05 with all current maintenance applied. Click the following link for access to ECC current maintenance: http://frontline.compuware.com//products/cy/fixes/30240.aspx.
Compuware's Simple Installation fundamentally changes the way Compuware mainframe products are installed and configured. Simple installation streamlines the process into logical task flows and checklists, as suggested through numerous customer feedback initiatives. Compuware delivers the first phase of Simple Installation with the introduction of PARMLIB-enabled solutions in Release 17.02 of our mainframe products.
The next phases of Simple Installation are planned and will provide more features to further reduce the time, resources, and effort needed to install and configure Compuware solutions across one or many LPAR instances.
• Migration to newer releases by simply copying the current PARMLIB file, thereby shortcutting or eliminating future repetitive and/or lengthy tasks (such as, compiling or executing configuration dialogs).
The Abend-AID parameters used to control the viewing server, BDCAS, and TDCAS are now stored as members in the Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) Common PARMLIB. The CMSC is an Enterprise Common Components facility, which is SMP/E-installed as part of the ECC Release 16.05 single-image installation. Refer to the Abend-AID and Enterprise Common Components installation guides for more information about the CMSC Common PARMLIB. Download the guides from the product documentation sites at Compuware GO/FrontLine.
With Topaz Workbench Release 17.02 and Enterprise Common Components Release 16.05 (PTF CXR041A), the Abend-AID Eclipse Release 17.02 plugin will support RACF PassTickets. RACF PassTickets are alternatives to using RACF passwords. They are commonly used to remove the need to send passwords across the network in clear text.
The Abend-AID Directory has been enhanced with two additional columns to display the time and date of the most recent occurrence of duplicate dumps. If there are no duplicates, the time and date of the actual report is shown.
For further information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility--specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade, IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility--refer to http://frontline.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx .
* For specific required PTFs, consult the Product Currency Tables at http://frontline.compuware.com/apps/oscharts/zos.aspx . Review the Abend-AID and/or Abend-AID for CICS table(s) as applicable to your site.
The following sections show the possible software configurations for each of the components tested with Fault Analytics. Other configurations might be compatible with Fault Analytics, but have not been tested.
These are the minimum requirements for a server dedicated to Abend-AID Fault Analytics with less than 20 users. If performance problems are encountered, it may be necessary to increase memory or processor speed.
• A Google Chrome security update prohibits viewing of WebHelp when the help is deployed locally from a file server (as opposed to a Web server). Attempting to view locally deployed help displays a blank help window. Compuware suggests that online help be viewed using Internet Explorer. Alternatively, Chrome's security feature can be turned off by launching Chrome with the command line option --allow-file-access-from-files. This method should only be used when opening local WebHelp that you trust.
• When installing Fault Analytics 12.04.05 on Windows, if the user chooses to configure HTTPS communications with CES, the path to a keystore is stored with un-escaped back-slashes (\). As a result, the Fault Analytics Manager will not start correctly and, when attempting to launch Fault Analytics, a message will indicate that the product could not obtain configuration information from the Fault Analytics Manager. To correct the problem, edit the file configuration.properties in the Fault Analytics Manager directory by locating the Keystore path near the end of the file and changing all occurrences of back-slash (\) to a forward slash. (/).
• When installing CES on Windows, users may encounter an error referring to the Java VM. This is a problem with InstallAnywhere and Java 8. It can be resolved by removing the following entry from the Path variable:
• If a user specifies a temporary directory smaller than that which is required for installation, a message may appear indicating that the evaluation period has expired. Reallocate space and restart the installation process.
The product installation package does not include the product documentation. The following Abend-AID documentation is available in electronic format on the product documentation site at Compuware's customer support website, http://go.compuware.com .
Access the Abend-AID product documentation as described in Latest Release Notes .
View and print the PDF files with Adobe Reader version 6.0 or more current. Download a free copy of the reader from Adobe’s website, http://www.adobe.com .
The PDX file allows you to quickly search all of the manuals in the documentation set at one time. Click the Abend-AID PDF Index File link to launch Adobe Reader and load the file. See the Reader’s help for more information.
For your convenience, Compuware also provides the Abend-AID manuals in the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format. View HTML files with any standard web browser. Click the icon in the HTML column on the selected FrontLine Documentation page.
You can access online information for Compuware products via our Compuware Go customer support website at http://go.compuware.com .
Compuware Go provides access to critical information about your Compuware products. You can review frequently asked questions, read or download documentation, access product fixes, or e-mail your questions or comments. The first time you access Compuware Go, you are required to register and obtain a password. Registration is free.
• All other countries: Contact your local Compuware office. Contact information is available at http://go.compuware.com .
To access Compuware’s site on the Web, go to http://www.compuware.com .
• Output from jobs that were used to install or customize Abend-AID. This output includes the report produced by the CWVERIFY utility. $11VERIF is the Abend-AID installation library member used to execute CWVERIFY.
If a problem arises while installing/using the Abend-AID Viewer or Abend-AID for CICS, consult the documentation. If the problem persists, please obtain the following information (if applicable) before calling Compuware’s 24-hour product support hotline. This information may be required to help determine the cause of the problem:
• The Abend-AID Viewer or Abend-AID for CICS release you are using. To find the release level, enter the SERVINFO fast-path command on any Abend-AID Viewer screen. Position the cursor on the RELEASE field of the displayed screen and press Enter.
Note: To display the Dump Analysis Message Log, either select a region dump from the Directory with the G (Messages) line command, or type MLOG in the COMMAND (or OPTION) field on any Abend-AID Viewer screen and press Enter. For MLOG to function, however, you must first select a region dump from the Abend-AID Directory.