For the most current version of these Release Notes , go to Compuware GO , Compuware’s technical support Web site. The first time you access Compuware GO, you are required to register and obtain a password. After logging onto Compuware GO, select your product from the drop-down list and click Go. On the left side of the page, click the Documentation link. You will find the latest Release Notes listed with the other product documentation.
• Progressive releases provide the latest functionality and have a permanent release number, for example 17.02.00, where the first two digits are the upcoming year and the second two digits are the quarter of initial release. Licensees who choose Progressive releases acknowledge that their cumulative maintenance, which includes defect fixes and currency updates, may also require them to accept new functionality or reinstall with possible changes to the end-user experience.
• On January 1 of each year, the prior year’s Progressive release is transitioned to become that year’s Classic release. Cumulative maintenance on Classic releases will include currency updates and bug fixes, but will not introduce new functionality.
Although Progressive releases are generally backward-compatible with Classic releases of related products, new Progressive release functionality may require a related product to also be a Progressive release.
Hiperstation can capture and playback signons that utilize PassPhrase. Hiperstation’s Security Script Processor allows a user to change their PassPhrase easily across multiple scripts. If previous scripts captured signons utilizing an eight-character password, the signon may need to be recaptured if the captured signon screen does not allow a PassPhrase to be entered (input field limited to eight characters).
Hiperstation VTAM now has Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) support. Application Audit information can now be routed to an IP address or sent to a SPLUNK SIEM engine for analysis and events.
The Software and Hardware Requirements section of the release notes has been standardized across all Compuware Mainframe products and their Distributed components. Please note that any versions of third-party software that are no longer supported by their vendors under standard published contracts have been removed from the Software and Hardware Requirements section and placed in the Discontinued Support section of the release notes. However, any third-party software that was supported when this Compuware product went GA will continue to be supported until this product release has reached its End of Support date. No functionality has been removed from the product.
Hiperstation’s Application Auditing capabilities can now be accessed through Compuware’s Mainframe Modernization Components workbench. This makes it easier for users who prefer using a Graphical User Interface to perform their daily tasks. Archive capture and repository search is available through the plug-in for Hiperstation for VTAM, Hiperstation for WebSphere MQ, and Hiperstation for Mainframe Servers.
Users can now schedule switches, and their related searches, throughout the workday. This provides the ability to be alerted more quickly to suspicious activity. Switch on demand can also be performed.
Updates have been made to Profiles to provide many additional default settings at installation time to allow less experienced users to more quickly get up to speed with Hiperstation. Experienced users can still override the defaults to fine tune the product as desired.
The ATV Manager is now available for Hiperstation for Mainframe Servers and Hiperstation for WebSphere MQ so you will be able to include TCP/IP and WebSphere MQ traffic into your scheduled regression tests.
Compuware is committed to actively supporting its current product releases. Up-to-date product release support and retirement information is available on Compuware’s FrontLine Support - Product Currency Tables page.
For further information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility--specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade, IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility--refer to http://frontline.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx .
• IBM CICS Transaction Gateway for z/OS V8.1.x, 9.0.x (to use the CTG/ECI testing features) Note: SSL Communication over CTG or ECI is not currently supported. A lower version of CTG for Multiplatform is supported by a higher version of CTG for z/OS, but not vice versa.
• IBM CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V8.1.x, 9.0.x (to use the CTG/ECI testing features) Note: SSL Communication over CTG or ECI is not currently supported. A lower version of CTG for Multiplatform is supported by a higher version of CTG for z/OS, but not vice versa.
• A Google Chrome security update prohibits viewing of WebHelp when the help is deployed locally from a file server (as opposed to a Web server). Attempting to view locally deployed help displays a blank help window. Compuware suggests that online help be viewed using Internet Explorer. Alternatively, Chrome’s security feature can be turned off by launching Chrome with the command line option --allow-file-access-from-files. This method should only be used when opening local WebHelp that you trust.
• Security for the Hiperstation for WebSphere MQ product is now checked not only when the product is started, but also whenever a Restart command for a global recording request is issued. If security has changed for the request owner or rules have been changed, requests that ran before may no longer run.
The product installation package does not include the product documentation. The following Hiperstation documentation is available in electronic format on the product documentation site at Compuware’s FrontLine customer support website, http://go.compuware.com .
Access the Hiperstation documentation on the FrontLine documentation site at go.compuware.com .
View and print the PDF files with Adobe Reader version 6.0 or more current. Download a free copy of the reader from Adobe’s website, http://www.adobe.com .
Compuware creates a PDX file for each release of every mainframe product. The file is available in ZIP format on FrontLine, Compuware’s customer support website, along with this README and a folder containing two data files. By pre-cataloging the content of the product’s PDFs, the PDX file allows you to quickly search across the entire documentation set without having to search each PDF individually.
Your search results will appear almost instantly, grouped by document. Each document with results can be expanded to show a list of matches, with each match including a brief sample of the context in which it occurred. Every match is hyperlinked to the specific page in the PDF where it was found, enabling you to quickly locate the information you’re looking for.
For your convenience, Compuware also provides the Hiperstation manuals in the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format. View HTML files with any standard web browser. Click the icon in the HTML column on the selected FrontLine Documentation page.
You can access online information for Compuware products via our FrontLine customer support website at http://go.compuware.com .
Compuware FrontLine provides access to critical information about your Compuware products. You can review frequently asked questions, read or download documentation, access product fixes, or e-mail your questions or comments. The first time you access Compuware FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. Registration is free.
• All other countries: Contact your local Compuware office. Contact information is available at http://go.compuware.com .
To access Compuware’s site on the Web, go to http://www.compuware.com .