For further information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility—specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade,
IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility—refer to http://frontline.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx.
• Mainframe Systems:
• zEC12, zBC12
• z196, z114
• z900, z990
• z800, z890
IBM Specialty Processors Enablement
• Language Processor is zIIP
• IBM z/OS V1.12, 1.13, 2.1
• IBM ISPF for the supported z/OS releases
• IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V3.4, 4.2, 5.1, 5.1.1 (5.1.1 requires CSS PTF CXQ0162)
• IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.9, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
• IBM High Level Assembler for zOS, z/VM, and z/VSE V1.6
• IBM z/OS XL C/C++ for the supported z/OS releases
• Compuware Products and Components:
• Abend-AID 12.2, 12.3
• Abend-AID for CICS 12.2, 12.3
• Compuware Program Analyzer 5.3
• Compuware Workbench 3.1, 3.2, 4.0
• DevEnterprise 5.3
• File-AID Common Components 2.1
• Strobe 4.3, 4.4, 5.1
• Xpediter/CICS 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
• Xpediter/TSO 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
This is the last release to support the following:
• IBM z/OS V1.12
The installation package includes the following Enterprise Common Components documentation in electronic format:
• Release Notes in HTML format
• The product manuals in PDF format
• The Adobe PDF index file (PDX file)
PDF and PDX Files
View and print the PDF files with Adobe Reader version 6.0 or more current. Download a free copy of the reader from Adobe’s Web site,
Note: With a few minor exceptions, the provided PDF files comply with the requirements of section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The PDX file allows you to quickly search all of the manuals in the documentation set at one time. Click the
Enterprise Common Components PDF Index File
link to launch Adobe Reader and load the file. See the Reader’s Help for more information.
Note: In some environments, the link results in a blank browser page. Instead of using the link, start Adobe Reader and open file <Your PDX file name>.
Provide your user groups with access to the documentation by copying the appropriate files from the installation disk to a shared location on your network.
1. On the Setup screen, click the
Explore this CD
link located at the bottom of the screen.
2. Double-click the cpwr directory.
3. Copy the entire
folder to a shared location on your network.
4. For easy access, instruct your users to bookmark the doclist.htm file which is located inside the doc folder. It presents a list of links to the manuals in the documentation set.
Other Available Formats
For your convenience, Compuware also provides the Enterprise Common Components manuals in the following formats:
• Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
Access these formats on FrontLine, Compuware’s Customer Support Web site,
2. Select the product.
3. Click the Documentation link on the left side of the screen.
4. Select the release. FrontLine presents a documentation index containing links to all of the available formats for each of the product’s manuals.
View HTML files with any standard Web browser. Simply click the icon shown in the HTML column on the selected FrontLine Documentation page.
Compuware provides a variety of support resources to make it easy for you to find the information you need.