For the most current version of these Release Notes , go to https://go.compuware.com, Compuware's customer solutions website. The first time you access FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. After logging onto Compuware Go, select your product from the drop-down list. Below the product name at the top of the page, click the Documentation link. You will find the latest Release Notes listed with the other product documentation.
Note: Abend-AID and Abend-AID for CICS Release 17.02 requires Enterprise Common Components Release 17.02 or more current, with all current maintenance applied. Click the following link for access to ECC current maintenance: https://go.compuware.com/products/cy/fixes/30240.aspx .
Compuware has enhanced the Common PARMLIB processing controlled by the Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC), including centralized parameter validation. Additionally, some parameters were changed to reduce their complexity and make them easier to understand and configure. These changes have been incorporated into the six sample parameter members listed below in the Abend-AID installation sample library ( hlq .CTL). To effect these changes, Enterprise Common Components 17.02 is required with current maintenance applied.
To simplify Abend-AID new installations, the parameters used to control the viewing server, BDCAS, and TDCAS that are stored as members in the Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) Common PARMLIB have been consolidated into the following six members in the Abend-AID installation sample library ( hlq .CTL):
The Configuration Menu of the Abend-AID Configuration and Customization Dialog 17.02 has been enhanced to simplify the Abend-AID Viewer option. Because Abend-AID Viewer configuration is required, this option has been modified as a heading, which installers no longer need to select. They can simply select the Abend-AID and/or Abend-AID for CICS option displayed under this heading.
Abend-AID supports the new Embedded Source Support (ESS) feature that was introduced in Enterprise Common Components Release 17.02. If ESS was used when preprocessing or postprocessing your COBOL 5.1 and more current source, then Abend-AID automatically uses the ESS records at view time to provide source support instead of using DDIO files, provided that the PDSE containing the program object is available to the Abend-AID viewing server.
Available via the Site Defaults Options menu of the Abend-AID Viewer Customization Options facility, the Site User Profile screen has been enhanced with an additional value for the Logon Directory View option. Installers can specify A to bypass display of the Fault Summary (default) at logon and directly display instead the entire Abend-AID Directory for their site. The change takes effect at the next and subsequent sessions. Refer to the
With Release 18.02, Abend-AID messages are now available in the Chicago-Soft, Ltd., files or databases supplied to their MVS/Quick-Ref® customers. Sites no longer need to download the messages from https://go.compuware.com .
In the Abend-AID product screens, references to FrontLine have been changed to https://go.compuware.com .
To provide a higher level of authentication assurance for IBM z/OS applications, Abend-AID, Abend-AID for CICS, and Abend-AID Fault Analytics now support the use of the following authentication methods:
Note: See the Technical Notes section for instructions for enabling this authentication feature.
Abend-AID Fault Analytics installers must install CES and Abend-AID Fault Analytics and can optionally install any combination of the above Compuware Web products from the single-image product media or RFN image. Refer to the Compuware Web Products Installation and Configuration Guide at https://go.compuware.com .
Users can employ the point-and-shoot method to display information on a selected field in a PL/I source listing for a batch report. Users tab to the desired field and press the Enter key to display the field contents in a vertical-hexadecimal format. The field name and field type are also displayed.
Compuware's Simple Installation fundamentally changes the way Compuware mainframe products are installed and configured. Simple installation streamlines the process into logical task flows and checklists, as suggested through numerous customer feedback initiatives. Compuware delivers the first phase of Simple Installation with the introduction of PARMLIB-enabled solutions in Release 17.02 of our mainframe products.
The next phases of Simple Installation are planned and will provide more features to further reduce the time, resources, and effort needed to install and configure Compuware solutions across one or many LPAR instances.
• Migration to newer releases by simply copying the current PARMLIB file, thereby shortcutting or eliminating future repetitive and/or lengthy tasks (such as, compiling or executing configuration dialogs).
The Abend-AID parameters used to control the viewing server, BDCAS, and TDCAS are now stored as members in the Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) Common PARMLIB. The CMSC is an Enterprise Common Components facility, which is SMP/E-installed as part of the ECC Release 16.05 single-image installation. Refer to the Abend-AID and Enterprise Common Components installation guides for more information about the CMSC Common PARMLIB. Download the guides from the product documentation sites at https://go.compuware.com .
With Topaz Workbench Release 17.02 and Enterprise Common Components Release 16.05 (PTF CXR041A), the Abend-AID Eclipse Release 17.02 plugin will support RACF PassTickets. RACF PassTickets are alternatives to using RACF passwords. They are commonly used to remove the need to send passwords across the network in clear text.
The Abend-AID Directory has been enhanced with two additional columns to display the time and date of the most recent occurrence of duplicate dumps. If there are no duplicates, the time and date of the actual report is shown.
For further information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility--specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade, IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility--refer to https://go.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx .
* For specific required PTFs, consult the Product Currency Tables at https://go.compuware.com/charts/default.aspx . Review the Abend-AID and/or Abend-AID for CICS table(s) as applicable to your site.
The following sections show the possible software configurations for each of the components tested with Fault Analytics. Other configurations might be compatible with Fault Analytics, but have not been tested.
These are the minimum requirements for a server dedicated to Abend-AID Fault Analytics with less than 20 users. If performance problems are encountered, it may be necessary to increase memory or processor speed.
• In order for Abend-AID to support the new IBM Password Phrase Authentication for z/OS and IBM Multi-Factor Authentication for z/OS enhancements, a new Abend-AID viewing server parameter member must be added to the Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) Common PARMLIB. The CMSC is an Enterprise Common Components facility, which is SMP/E-installed as part of the ECC Release 16.05 or more current single-image installation. Refer to the Abend-AID and Enterprise Common Components installation guides for more information about the CMSC Common PARMLIB.
• A Google Chrome security update prohibits viewing of WebHelp when the help is deployed locally from a file server (as opposed to a Web server). Attempting to view locally deployed help displays a blank help window. Compuware suggests that online help be viewed using Internet Explorer. Alternatively, Chrome's security feature can be turned off by launching Chrome with the command line option --allow-file-access-from-files. This method should only be used when opening local WebHelp that you trust.
• When installing Fault Analytics 12.04.05 on Windows, if the user chooses to configure HTTPS communications with CES, the path to a keystore is stored with un-escaped back-slashes (\). As a result, the Fault Analytics Manager will not start correctly and, when attempting to launch Fault Analytics, a message will indicate that the product could not obtain configuration information from the Fault Analytics Manager. To correct the problem, edit the file configuration.properties in the Fault Analytics Manager directory by locating the Keystore path near the end of the file and changing all occurrences of back-slash (\) to a forward slash. (/).
• When installing CES on Windows, users may encounter an error referring to the Java VM. This is a problem with InstallAnywhere and Java 8. It can be resolved by removing the following entry from the Path variable:
• If a user specifies a temporary directory smaller than that which is required for installation, a message may appear indicating that the evaluation period has expired. Reallocate space and restart the installation process.
The product installation package does not include the product documentation. The following Abend-AID documentation is available in electronic format on the product documentation site at Compuware’s FrontLine customer solutions website, https://go.compuware.com .
Access the Abend-AID documentation on the FrontLine documentation site at go.compuware.com .
View and print the PDF files with Adobe Reader version 6.0 or more current. Download a free copy of the reader from Adobe’s website, http://www.adobe.com .
Compuware creates a PDX file for each release of every mainframe product. The file is available in ZIP format on FrontLine, Compuware’s customer solutions website, along with this README and a folder containing two data files. By pre-cataloging the content of the product’s PDFs, the PDX file allows you to quickly search across the entire documentation set without having to search each PDF individually.
Your search results will appear almost instantly, grouped by document. Each document with results can be expanded to show a list of matches, with each match including a brief sample of the context in which it occurred. Every match is hyperlinked to the specific page in the PDF where it was found, enabling you to quickly locate the information you’re looking for.
You can access online information for Compuware products via our FrontLine Customer Solutions website at https://go.compuware.com .
Compuware FrontLine provides access to critical information about your Compuware products. You can review frequently asked questions, read or download documentation, access product fixes, or e-mail your questions or comments. The first time you access Compuware FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. Registration is free.
• All other countries: Contact your local Compuware office. Contact information is available at https://go.compuware.com .
You can report issues via the Quick Link Create & View Support Cases on the Compuware FrontLine home page.
To access Compuware’s site on the Web, go to http://www.compuware.com .
• Output from jobs that were used to install or customize Abend-AID. This output includes the report produced by the CWVERIFY utility. $11VERIF is the Abend-AID installation library member used to execute CWVERIFY.
If a problem arises while installing/using the Abend-AID Viewer or Abend-AID for CICS, consult the documentation. If the problem persists, please obtain the following information (if applicable) before calling Compuware’s 24-hour product support hotline. This information may be required to help determine the cause of the problem:
• The Abend-AID Viewer or Abend-AID for CICS release you are using. To find the release level, enter the SERVINFO fast-path command on any Abend-AID Viewer screen. Position the cursor on the RELEASE field of the displayed screen and press Enter.
Note: To display the Dump Analysis Message Log, either select a region dump from the Directory with the G (Messages) line command, or type MLOG in the COMMAND (or OPTION) field on any Abend-AID Viewer screen and press Enter. For MLOG to function, however, you must first select a region dump from the Abend-AID Directory.