For the most current version of these Release Notes , go to https://go.compuware.com, Compuware's customer support website. The first time you access FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. After logging onto Compuware Go, select your product from the drop-down list. Below the product name at the top of the page, click the Documentation link. You will find the latest Release Notes listed with the other product documentation.
To provide a higher level of authentication assurance for IBM z/OS applications, Abend-AID, Abend-AID for CICS, and Abend-AID Fault Analytics now support the use of the following authentication methods:
Note: See the Technical Notes section for instructions for enabling this authentication feature.
When following the Source Support Best Practices recommendation that Source Shared Directories (SSD) be paired with each load library with SSD as the last node, you can now append .SSD to the end of the load library name instead of replacing the last node. The viewing server will use the appended load library name to merge the listing without any action from the user.
Abend-AID now has the option to write out SMF records containing information for each abend at the time of dump capture. A DSECT is available for use with the records. Customers with a suitable reporting process can use these records to produce reports on abend activity. The new WRITE_SMF=(NO|yes,SMF record number) server parameter has been created to enable the writing of these SMF records and to allow the user to specify the SMF record number. This parameter can be used with the BDCAS for batch reporting and the TDCAS for CICS reporting.
Abend-AID has enhanced its display and interpretation of floating point registers to make them more readable to the user. Users may choose from any combination of short, long, or extended and binary, decimal, or hexadecimal for their interpretation. These new displays can be accessed by selecting Interpretation from the previously existing floating point register displays or by entering the fast-path command INTFLOAT .
The Health Checks enhancement uses the IBM Health Check for z/OS to perform some environmental health checks in the BDCAS, TDCAS, and the Abend-AID Viewer. The HEALTH_CHECK=YES startup parameter for each of these Abend-AID components activates the new health checks by default. Refer to the Abend-AID Installation and Customization Guide for more information about Abend-AID/Abend-AID for CICS health checks.
Compuware Shared Services (CSS), Base Services, Host Communications Interface (HCI), License Management System (LMS), and Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) are now packaged together into an Enterprise Common Components (ECC) single pair of load libraries. This enhancement will make installation and maintenance of Compuware products easier and quicker.
If you are licensed for Topaz Workbench, have configured access to Compuware Enterprise Services (CES) from the Abend-AID viewing server, and are using the Abend-AID Web Browser Interface, you now have the ability to create records in JIRA systems that are registered to the CES.
Abend-AID has made minor improvements to message processing during dump capture of the DB2 information. These changes should result in a reduction in storage utilization, processing time, and the elapsed time to collect the DB2 information.
Abend-AID has extended the timestamp field on the Abend-AID Viewer directory screen to display the time of abend in hours, minutes, and seconds. This change allows the desired report to be more quickly located for periods of high abend activity.
The new architecture for Compuware Enterprise Services, iStrobe, Topaz for Java Performance, and Abend-AID Fault Analytics allows the administrator in the future to apply maintenance only to the products. Customers will no longer have to re-install the products for future maintenance and enhancements. In addition, the Licensing page within Compuware Enterprise Services Release 16.03 has been enhanced to show the IP address that has been given a license and when the license will expire. Refer to the Compuware Enterprise Services Release Notes for more information. Abend-AID Fault Analytics Release 16.03 is compatible with Abend-AID and Abend-AID for CICS Release 16.05.
For further information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility--specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade, IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility--refer to http://frontline.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx .
* For specific required PTFs, consult the Product Currency Tables at http://frontline.compuware.com/charts/default.aspx . Review the Abend-AID and/or Abend-AID for CICS table(s) as applicable to your site.
The following sections show the possible software configurations for each of the components tested with Fault Analytics. Other configurations might be compatible with Fault Analytics, but have not been tested.
These are the minimum requirements for a server dedicated to Abend-AID Fault Analytics with less than 20 users. If performance problems are encountered, it may be necessary to increase memory or processor speed.
• In order for Abend-AID to support the new IBM Password Phrase Authentication for z/OS and IBM Multi-Factor Authentication for z/OS enhancements, a new Abend-AID viewing server parameter member must be added to the Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) Common PARMLIB. The CMSC is an Enterprise Common Components facility, which is SMP/E-installed as part of the ECC Release 16.05 or more current single-image installation. Refer to the Abend-AID and Enterprise Common Components installation guides for more information about the CMSC Common PARMLIB.
• A Google Chrome security update prohibits viewing of WebHelp when the help is deployed locally from a file server (as opposed to a Web server). Attempting to view locally deployed help displays a blank help window. Compuware suggests that online help be viewed using Internet Explorer. Alternatively, Chrome's security feature can be turned off by launching Chrome with the command line option --allow-file-access-from-files. This method should only be used when opening local WebHelp that you trust.
• When installing Fault Analytics 12.04.05 on Windows, if the user chooses to configure HTTPS communications with CES, the path to a keystore is stored with un-escaped back-slashes (\). As a result, the Fault Analytics Manager will not start correctly and, when attempting to launch Fault Analytics, a message will indicate that the product could not obtain configuration information from the Fault Analytics Manager. To correct the problem, edit the file configuration.properties in the Fault Analytics Manager directory by locating the Keystore path near the end of the file and changing all occurrences of backslash (\) to a forward slash. (/).
• When installing CES on Windows, users may encounter an error referring to the Java VM. This is a problem with InstallAnywhere and Java 8. It can be resolved by removing the following entry from the Path variable:
• If a user specifies a temporary directory smaller than that which is required for installation, a message may appear indicating that the evaluation period has expired. Reallocate space and restart the installation process.
The product installation package does not include the product documentation. The following Abend-AID documentation is available in electronic format on the product documentation site at Compuware’s FrontLine customer support website, https://go.compuware.com .
Access the Abend-AID documentation on the FrontLine documentation site at go.compuware.com .
View and print the PDF files with Adobe Reader version 6.0 or more current. Download a free copy of the reader from Adobe’s website, http://www.adobe.com .
Compuware creates a PDX file for each release of every mainframe product. The file is available in ZIP format on FrontLine, Compuware’s customer support website, along with this README and a folder containing two data files. By pre-cataloging the content of the product’s PDFs, the PDX file allows you to quickly search across the entire documentation set without having to search each PDF individually.
Your search results will appear almost instantly, grouped by document. Each document with results can be expanded to show a list of matches, with each match including a brief sample of the context in which it occurred. Every match is hyperlinked to the specific page in the PDF where it was found, enabling you to quickly locate the information you’re looking for.
For your convenience, Compuware also provides the Abend-AID manuals in the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format. View HTML files with any standard web browser. Click the icon in the HTML column on the selected FrontLine Documentation page.
You can access online information for Compuware products via our FrontLine customer support website at https://go.compuware.com .
Compuware FrontLine provides access to critical information about your Compuware products. You can review frequently asked questions, read or download documentation, access product fixes, or e-mail your questions or comments. The first time you access Compuware FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. Registration is free.
• All other countries: Contact your local Compuware office. Contact information is available at https://go.compuware.com .
To access Compuware’s site on the Web, go to https://www.compuware.com .
• Output from jobs that were used to install or customize Abend-AID. This output includes the report produced by the CWVERIFY utility. $11VERIF is the Abend-AID installation library member used to execute CWVERIFY.
If a problem arises while installing/using the Abend-AID Viewer or Abend-AID for CICS, consult the documentation. If the problem persists, please obtain the following information (if applicable) before calling Compuware’s 24-hour product support hotline. This information may be required to help determine the cause of the problem:
• The Abend-AID Viewer or Abend-AID for CICS release you are using. To find the release level, enter the SERVINFO fast-path command on any Abend-AID Viewer screen. Position the cursor on the RELEASE field of the displayed screen and press Enter.
Note: To display the Dump Analysis Message Log, either select a region dump from the Directory with the G (Messages) line command, or type MLOG in the COMMAND (or OPTION) field on any Abend-AID Viewer screen and press Enter. For MLOG to function, however, you must first select a region dump from the Abend-AID Directory.