If you have accessed this document from a product or documentation media, you may not be reading the latest Release Notes . For the most recent information, go to FrontLine , Compuware's customer support Web site. The first time you access FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. After logging on to FrontLine, select your product from the drop-down list and click Go. On the left side of the page, click the Documentation link. You will find the latest Release Notes listed with the other product documentation.
The Update Center introduces the ability to connect to an online Compuware update service for directly downloading updates for Compuware Web Products (Compuware Enterprise Services, iStrobe, ISPW Web, Topaz for Java Performance, Abend-Aid Fault Analytics, and Topaz Workbench). The Update Center replaces the previous Maintenance functionality while still allowing users to manually upload maintenance files if an internet connection from Compuware Enterprise Services is not available.
• Ability to have Host Connections automatically configured in the Compuware web products when CSMC is configured with the CES_HOST and CES_PORT defined in the CSMC parameters. This functionality requires the Enterprise Common Component January Cumulative Maintenance.
• Event history is now available through an ‘Event History’ link on the Host Connections page. The event history is designed to give users of Compuware Enterprise Services greater insight into which Compuware products are available on the mainframe. The event history displays both initialization and termination events.
This release brings in the ability to reduce the amount of manual administration required for managing a deployment of multiple Topaz Workbenches. Compuware Enterprise Services (CES) can now host definitions for other resources that Topaz Workbench communicates with. These include:
The installation for CES, iStrobe, Abend-Aid Fault Analytics, Topaz for Java Performance and ISPW Web have been combined into a single installer executable. This provides installers a single installation interface which allows them to easily choose which products they desire to install without having to manually coordinate running each installation separately.
CES now includes an enhanced maintenance capability that allows users to easily install product upgrades. Through a maintenance section accessed within the CES User Interface, users can apply updates provided by Compuware to all web-based products running within CES (CES, iStrobe, Fault Analytics, Topaz for Java Performance and ISPW).
Future patches, as well as new versions of Compuware’s web-based products, will be able to leverage this new maintenance capability. The maintenance process will automatically apply the updates and restart the applications without the user having to log into the z/OS, Windows and Linux systems to directly run the upgrade installation process. The maintenance process functions identically on all the supported platforms for CES and retains all the settings and data of the products.
ISPW's web interface can now be installed into a CES instance. The ISPW Web interface allows users to review and approve requests to move source code changes into higher levels in the code promotion path. With a desktop browser or mobile device, managers and other team members can easily access and manage ISPW approval requests.
CES now has the ability to use a custom host in the URL to web reports in CES generated emails. This is useful in situations where the internal name of the server running CES is not accessible due to a site-specific network configuration. Additionally, the 'From' address in the CES Email settings can now support email addresses of up to 255 characters.
Compuware is committed to actively supporting its current product releases. Up-to-date product release support and retirement information is available on FrontLine’s FrontLine Support - Product Currency Tables page.
For information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility--specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade, IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility--refer to http://go.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx .
The following sections show the possible software configurations for each of the components tested with Compuware Enterprise Services. Other configurations might be compatible with Compuware Enterprise Services, but have not been tested.
• The logs may indicate an error during the installation stating that either a port is already in use or the ActiveMQ broker is unable to start. These errors are a result of a timing issue and can be ignored provided that the Compuware Enterprise Server is accessible from a web browser and the online help works correctly.
• When running CES, iStrobe, Fault Analytics, and/or TJP in a Java environment that uses hardware encryption, the user ID under which CES runs will require authorization to execute the following CSFSERV functions:
• When running on z/OS, the JCL needs to be updated in order for the new patching feature to work. Refer to the chapter in the CES Installation and Configuration Guide for Installing CES on z/OS UNIX for sample JCL that has the required changes.
• When installing CES on Windows, you may encounter an error referring to the Java VM. This is a problem with InstallAnywhere and Java 8. It can be resolved by removing the following entry from the Path variable:
• If you specify a temporary directory smaller than that which is required for installation, you may be presented with a message indicating that your evaluation period has expired. You can reallocate space and restart the installation process.
The PDX file allows you to quickly search all of the manuals in the documentation set at one time. Click the Compuware Enterprise Services PDF Index File link to launch Adobe Reader and load the file. See the Reader’s help for more information.
You can access online information for Compuware products via our FrontLine customer support website at https://go.compuware.com .
Compuware FrontLine provides access to critical information about your Compuware products. You can review frequently asked questions, read or download documentation, access product fixes, or e-mail your questions or comments. The first time you access Compuware FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. Registration is free.
• All other countries: Contact your local Compuware office. Contact information is available at https://go.compuware.com .
To access Compuware’s site on the Web, go to https://www.compuware.com .