Enterprise Common Components 16.05
Obtaining the Latest Release Notes
If you accessed this document from a product CD, you may not be reading the latest Release Notes. For the most recent information, go to
, Compuware's technical support Web site. The first time you access FrontLine, you are required to register and obtain a password. After logging onto FrontLine, select your product from the drop-down list. On the product page, click the Documentation link below the product name. The latest Release Notes document is listed with the other product documentation.
What’s New in ECC Release 16.05
Enterprise Common Components (ECC) 16.05 incorporates the following components:
• Host Communications Interface (HCI)
• Compuware Shared Services (CSS)
• Base Services
• License Management System (LMS)
• Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC)
Host Communications Interface (HCI), License Management System (LMS), Base Services, Shared Services and Compuware Mainframe Services Controller (CMSC) features are now installed as a single FMID.
New to ECC 16.05.00, the CMSC is a centralized facility built on the Base Services framework which will provide license management, HCI address space control and common parameter library services.
• The ability to start, stop and automatically restart HCI address spaces in the event of a failure
• Centralized facility providing license management services
• Common parameter service provider
• Provides a z/OS command interface for LMS, HCI, Common Parmlib and the CMSC itself
• Features of ECC now retrieve parameters through the same, common method which future releases of Compuware products will support
• System symbolic resolution support
• Now runs as a subtask of the CMSC
• Return on Investment (ROI) data capture is set on by default
• Utilizes the CMSC common parmlib parameter retrieval
• The previously required parameter files for HCI, CSS TP and DevEnterprise TPs have been consolidated to a single, keyword formatted parameter file
• Utilizes the CMSC common parmlib parameter retrieval
Move Base Services to ECC as a common feature, providing a common framework for various Compuware products.
Software and Hardware Requirements
For further information about IBM System z software and hardware compatibility--specifically regarding IBM's z/OS Recommended Service Upgrade, IBM's Extended Address Volumes, IBM DB2 for z/OS, and z/OS product compatibility--refer to http://frontline.compuware.com/charts/hardware.aspx.
• Mainframe Systems:
-- zEC12, zBC12, z13
-- z196, z114
-- z900, z990
-- z800, z890
IBM Specialty Processors Enablement
• Language Processor is zIIP
• IBM z/OS 1.13, 2.1, 2.2
• IBM ISPF for the supported z/OS releases
• IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V3.4, 4.2, 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.2 (5.1.1 requires CSS PTF CXQ0162)
• IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.9, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5
• IBM High Level Assembler for zOS, z/VM, and z/VSE V1.6
• IBM z/OS XL C/C++ for the supported z/OS releases
• Compuware Products and Components:
-- Abend-AID 12.3, 12.4, 16.05
-- Abend-AID for CICS 12.3, 12.4, 16.05
-- Compuware Program Analyzer 5.3, 16.05
-- Compuware Workbench 4.0, 5.0
-- DevEnterprise 16.05
-- File-AID Common Components 10.1, 10.2, 16.03
-- Strobe 5.1, 5.2, 16.03
-- Xpediter/CICS 9.3, 9.4, 16.05
-- Xpediter/TSO 9.3, 9.4, 16.05
1. Abend-AID Release 16.5 or newer, Compuware Program Analyzer Release 16.5 or newer, and DevEnterprise Release 16.5 or newer require ECC Release 16.5 or newer.
2. Enterprise Common Components (ECC) Release 16.5 or newer cannot be in the same zones as Enterprise Common Components 3.3 and prior releases, Abend-AID 12.4 and prior releases, Compuware Program Analyzer Release 5.3, or DevEnterprise 5.3 and prior releases.
This is the last release to support the following: NA
Abend-AID 12.04 Considerations
If you are upgrading to ECC 16.05 but not upgrading Abend-AID to release 16.05, see the “Special ECC 16.05 Upgrade Consideration with Abend-AID 12.04” section in the ECC Installation and Customization Guide.
The product installation package does not include the product documentation. The following Enterprise Common Components documentation is available in electronic format on the product documentation site at Compuware's customer support website,
• Release Notes in HTML format
• The product manuals in PDF format, which may include a PDX index file and associated folder.
Access the Enterprise Common Components product documentation as described in
PDF and PDX Files
View and print the PDF files with Adobe Reader version 6.0 or more current. Download a free copy of the reader from Adobe’s website,
Note: With a few minor exceptions, the provided PDF files comply with the requirements of section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The PDX file allows you to quickly search all of the manuals in the documentation set at one time. Click the
Enterprise Common Components PDF Index File
link to launch Adobe Reader and load the file. See the Reader’s help for more information.
Note: In some environments, the link results in a blank browser page. Instead of using the link, start Adobe Reader and open file <Your PDX file name>.
For your convenience, Compuware also provides the Enterprise Common Components manuals in the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format. View HTML files with any standard web browser. Click the icon in the HTML column on the selected FrontLine Documentation page.
Compuware GO Support Website
Access online technical support for Compuware products via our Compuware GO (FrontLine) support website. View or download documentation, frequently asked questions, and product fixes, or directly e-mail Compuware with questions or comments. To access Compuware GO, you must first register and obtain a password at
Documentation for this product is provided in the following electronic formats:
• PDF files: Portable Document Format (PDF) files can be accessed from the Compuware GO support website, and are provided on the installation media (if ordered). They can be viewed with the free Adobe Reader, available at
. If you encounter a problem opening a PDF, you may be using an unsupported version of the Adobe Reader. Access the Adobe website and download the most current version.
• HTML files: This version of the documentation can be accessed from the Compuware GO support website and viewed with any standard Web browser.
World Wide Web
Compuware’s site on the World Wide Web provides information about Compuware and its products. The address is
Contacting Compuware Customer Support
At Compuware, we strive to make our products and documentation the best in the industry. Feedback from our customers helps us to maintain our quality standards.
Questions about any ECC product or comments on this document should be directed to:
Enterprise Common Components Customer Support
One Campus Martius
Detroit, MI 48226-5099
Outside the USA and Canada, please contact your local Compuware office or agent.
If problems occur, consult your manual or the Enterprise Common Components technical support representative at your site.
© 2016 Compuware Corporation. All rights reserved. Unpublished rights reserved under the Copyright Laws of the United States.